Responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the produce/floral department within the company established guidelines.
1. Follow weekly company sales program to attain maximum sales volume.
2. Achieve budgeted gross profit figures as established by Produce Merchandising Department.
3. Carry out the preparation of all produce records as required by the Accounting & Merchandising Departments.
4. Follow all company policies related to weighing, pricing, packaging, and displaying of merchandise.
5. Unload trucks and maintain backroom storage.
6. Maintains coolers and freezers to standard.
7. Accountable for inventory control.
8. Reinforce sanitation, safe food handling practices, security, safety, and company guidelines.
9. Assist customers and maintain good customer relations.
10. Consult with Store Manager to review meat operations, and advanced planning and scheduling, to ensure company objectives are met.
11. Responsible for scheduling of the department.
12. Ensures the department is run in compliance with company standards (as measured by ALI audits).
13. Ensures direct reports understand expectations for performance, holds them accountable to achieve productivity goals and meets with them to review performance and provide feedback (ongoing and annual performance appraisal).
14. Personally responsible for teaching and training departmental staff. Additionally, builds a talent planning bench for the department, including developing and executing development plans for all high-potential and promotable individuals.
15. All other tasks as assigned by management.
1. Friendly, outgoing personality.
2. Ability to work well with others.
3. Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly and 25 lbs. constantly.
4. Ability to read and understand information and direction.
5. Knowledge of produce operations.
6. Ability to supervise people including training and development.
7. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
8. Effective communication and guest service skills.
9. Ability to bend, kneel and stand for extended periods of time.