In this role you are the IT leader responsible for ensuring that the Alex Lee organization has the tools and data necessary to deliver operational value and game-changing predictive analytics. Leveraging your team of IT information professionals, you establish and drive the Alex Lee Data Platforms and BI services to provide maximum business value.
1) Develop, maintain, and refresh the roadmap for the enterprise data platforms and BI tools.
2) Works closely with the IT leadership team to align with business defined IT priorities.
3) Regularly reports the status of Data and BI initiatives to senior leadership throughout the organization. Co-lead the Enterprise Analytics Steering Committee.
4) Responsible for management and oversight of the resources (internal and external) that develop and support data accessibility and security and provides support throughout the solution delivery and production issue resolution, when necessary.
5) Manage the financial aspects of the tools in the Data and BI space; responsible for achieving maximum value and minimizing the cost of tools, resources, Azure spend, etc. Provides support for budget and forecasting activities.
6) Works in unison with the Director of Strategic Data Management to ensure proper data governance is followed and enforced.
7) Has a clear understanding of business unit objectives and is proactively scanning the environment and marketplace for solutions that are going to meet and exceed business needs.
8) Constantly track performance to plans (roadmap, projects, financial) and communicate appropriately.
9) Serve as a mentor and advisor to your team in areas of data modeling, schemas, etc.
10) Provide recommendations on advancing the maturity of analytics practices within the FP&A teams at each business unit.
11) Works closely with I/O teams within IT to collaborate on infrastructure and operations decisions and impacts regarding data and BI tools.
12) Ensure that your team is performing at the highest level possible, building solutions that are scalable, reliable, portable, and maintainable.
13) Provides solutions in response to business questions and problems.
14) Responsible for professional development and growth as needs and trends dictate.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in technology, information services, or related curriculum.
Minimum of 10 years relevant IT experience.
Experience in Microsoft Data platforms a plus.