To gain the skills, knowledge, and expertise to be considered a successful Market Manager. To supervise and ensure that Floco Foods customer service, merchandising programs, and departmental operations are maintained in the meat/seafood department to achieve maximum sales. Assume the duties of the Department Manager in their absence.
1. Ensures all customers receive polite, friendly greetings and interactions from the Beef Shoppe staff. Creates a selling environment through the use of selling skills.
2. Achieves budgeted sales, supply/wrap, shrink and gross profits for the meat and seafood departments.
3. Maintains desired level of inventory and supplies for the meat and seafood departments. Ensures in stock conditions through proper ordering.
4. Operates the department according to merchandising and operational programs and guidelines.
5. Maintains high quality and freshness with products available for sale. Ensures all products are in date.
6. Maintains safety and sanitation standards in all areas that come in contact with meat/seafood and in the prep areas, coolers, freezers, and sales floor.
7. Provides guidance, orientation, training, and feedback to the meat/seafood department staff to ensure meat employees achieve satisfactory performance standards and customer interaction.
8. Performs product preparation, receiving, stocking, and customer service as necessary to achieve standards.
9. Maintains the department's labor budget and ensures that optimal hours are scheduled for the department to maximize sales and customer service.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
1. Should possess good interpersonal skills, effective selling skills, and have an outgoing personality.
2. Ability to work well with others. Ability to sell and interact with customers.
3. Ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally and 25 lbs. constantly.
4. Ability to read and understand information and directions.
5. Knowledge of meat/seafood products and operations.
6. Ability to supervise people including training and development.
7. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job, including operating a computer.
8. Must be at least 18 years old.
9. Must be able to work in a cold environment.
10. Ability to bend, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time.