The Azure Data Engineer is a core member of the IT Analytics Team. This role will be responsible for developing, optimizing, and standardizing IT processes using Microsoft tools and adding value to the data architecture. Having a strong business analysis and technical development background is a key factor in success for this opportunity. In this role, an Azure Data Engineer will participate in data warehouse and data lake design and pipeline development to ingest or export data. In addition to designing and developing solutions, the engineer will be responsible for supporting and extending existing on-premises systems. The Azure Data Engineer will from time to time gather future requirements and work with cross functional teams. This position plays a key role in fulfilling the strategy for the company going forward.
1) Participates in the full lifecycle of Azure data architecture from gathering and understanding end-user analytics and reporting needs, collaboration for architecting the solution, detailing the technical design, implementing the solution, and validating the solution with our business partners.
2) Design, develop, test, and implement ingestion, transformation, and export pipelines that are reliable and performant.
3) Work in coordination and collaboration with other team members to develop and implement solutions to complex problems. This includes assisting Azure Data Architects and Power BI Engineers with their work.
4) Assist with project management responsibilities and prepare supporting project management documentation as needed.
5) Ensures best practices are followed and business objectives are achieved by focusing on process improvements.
6) Continually improve team processes through automation or providing self-service support options to business partners.
7) Research, recommend, and learn new technologies and trends.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
• Self-motivated and driven individual who has strong analytical skills and technical understanding across a broad range of technologies and solutions.
• 3 to 5 years detailed experience with data warehousing and business intelligence technologies.
• At least one year of experience with the following technologies: Azure Synapse (SQL Data Warehousing), Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks and Azure Logic Apps.
• Detailed, hands-on working knowledge of SQL, security standards, BI tools, ETL tools and Microsoft technologies such as Power BI and Power Automate.
• Detailed, hands-on working knowledge of metadata management, relational/dimensional modeling, and big data solution approaches with native Azure Data Platform tools.
• Must be an innovative thinker who is positive, proactive and embraces change. Must be a fast learner when it comes to programming languages and technology.
• Responsible for on-call duties to provide support during on and off hours.
• Must have an aptitude to learn new technologies through a combination of self-study, formal education and trial and error.
• Experience interacting with employees at all levels, from entry level to senior leadership.
• Experience making difficult project-impacting decisions in a timely manner.
• Experience working in a environment where there are time and priority constraints.