- Directs relationships with vendors. Negotiates lowest cost of goods. Research customer demands and selects correct product mix, including new items. Creates best values from analysis of deli and bakery to deli/bakery sales manager for independent ad use, WLF and to Lowes Foods use for ad placement.
- Develops special sales, seasonal, spot buys, and other promotional themes that increase profitable sales to consumers. Develops merchandising strategies/programs and works with vendors, retailers, and sales department to deliver these programs. Negotiates promotional monies. Ensures merchandising support. Works closely with retailers, sales, and advertising to develop ideas for promotion and ensure correct implementation. Uses IRI or Nielson market data for recommended category and shelf positioning, retail sales, SRPs, and provides detailed planograms.
- Maintains, changes and updates to programs such as Crunch Time Chicken, product job aids, GFI cross dock programs, GFI cheese of the month, PFG cross dock program, service, and training manuals. Maintains and edits Thaw N Sell Guide.
- Develops pricing strategies that are consistent with category positioning, sales volume, and gross profit goals. Monitors changes and competition in the marketplace. Recommend SRPs and monitor category pricing.
- Responsible for gross profit goals, preferred vendor agreements and contracts, customer, and vendor billbacks and customer credits.
- Responsible for selection and mix of products and SKU rationalization that best meet the needs of consumers and maximizes warehouse capacity. Reviews and evaluates product on hand vs. customer demand to ensure category requirements. Identifies duplication, overlap, and/or quality differences and makes correct adjustments. Responsible for cross-dock programs, product packaging and other logistical issues. Responsible for category inventory levels and turns. Participates in regular visits to the warehouse, returns area, and retail stores to keep abreast of any problems or opportunities that may pertain to marketing.
- Collaborates with Lowes Foods Category Sales Managers, WLF, Galaxy & IGA management to assist in successful sales programs at retail. Maintains consistent communication and positive relationships with all customers. Conducts training sessions with sales and retail customers to educate them on products in respective categories. Monitors customer satisfaction surveys and handles both customer and consumer issues. Visits with Lowes counterpart quarterly to analyze respective categories.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the MDI merchandising shows.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages replenishment buyers in negotiating skills.
- Provide departmental direction to buyers to envelope master plan of growing sales and profits.
- Manages inventory of $20-26 million.
- Purchases/Sales more than $100 million.
- Directly responsible for $12 million in profits.
- Supervises 1 non-exempt employee.
- Serves on task force, committees, and other related work groups.
- Directly responsible for a service level of 97.5% of product delivered vs. product ordered.
- The incumbent works under the general direction of the Director of Deli Bakery Operations and makes decisions independently within guidelines to address day to day marketing needs. Communicates regularly with retail owners/operators, LFS, WLF, Independent stores, and MDI management teams, Merchandisers, and Directors.