Join IGA Southeast as a Co-Manager! Grow with grocery at W Lee flowers, home of IGA Southeast and Kj’s Market grocery stores. We’re family-owned and based in the Carolina’s, looking for smiling faces just like yours.
A Co-Manager assures the effective and profitable operation of the assigned retail store including the development of all employees assigned to that store. To actively pursue self-development and proficiency in the skills necessary to be assigned as a store manager.
1. Assists the store manager in implementing an in-store sales-building culture that ensures growth through: execution of company merchandising programs and weekly sales plans in each department, planning and executing weekly sales themes, ensuring in-stock conditions throughout the store and actively participates in weekly sales meetings.
2. Provides for desired levels of customer satisfaction, courtesy and service throughout the store, with special emphasis on our front-end fast service commitment.
3. Accountable for achieving budgeted financial results in assigned area of responsibility and assists store manager in achieving total store results.
4. Protects company assets: merchandise, cash, facilities and equipment. Conducts weekly manager audits on front-end, DSD receiving and pricing. Assists the manager to ensure all required shrink functions are performed.
5. Effectively controls store variable expenses, including achieving budgeted wage percent.
6. Assists in the staffing of the store, including forecasting of needs, recruitment and training. Additionally, builds a talent planning bench for the store, including developing and executing development plans for all hi-potential and promotable individuals.
7. Ensures direct reports understand expectations for performance, holds them accountable to achieve budgeted results and meets with them to review performance and provide feedback (ongoing and annual performance appraisal).
8. Constant awareness and reaction to store conditions through frequent and detailed store walks.
9. Effectively trains and develops store management team, especially department managers, to ensure the necessary bench for our growth. Acts as a resource for these leaders in their roles.
10. Ensures sanitation and food safety standards are maintained throughout the store (as measured through internal and external sources).
11. Creates an atmosphere that ensures positive store morale through effective supervisory treatment and recognition. The workforce should be enthusiastic, customer focused and embedded in a selling culture.
12. Provides and facilitates effective communications to Store Manager, Field Merchandisers and store employees.
13. Ensures stores are run in compliance with company standards (as measured by ALI audits).
14. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local statutes, regulations and company policies.
15. Maintains a safe facility for customers and employees.
The incumbent should possess the knowledge and skills generally associated with a Bachelor's degree plus 1-2 years supermarket management experience.